OpenEmu is about to change the world of video game emulation, one console at a time… For the first time, the ‘It just works’ philosophy now extends to open source video game emulation on the Mac. With OpenEmu, it is extremely easy to add, browse, organize and with a compatible gamepad, play those favorite games (ROMs) you already own.
- Library – One of the standout features of OpenEmu is how it organizes all your games into one unique, unified games library. Watch as backups of the games (ROMs) you already own are gracefully added to their appropriate library and box art is magically added. You can even create your own ‘collections’ mix and matched from different consoles.
- Controls and Controllers – Any generic HID compliant USB or Bluetooth game controller should work with OpenEmu out of the box. OpenEmu now automatically maps controls for the following recognized devices in our database:
- PlayStation Dualshock 3 and Dualshock 4
- Wiimote and Wii U Pro
- Xbox 360 and 3rd party (driver required)
- Sega Saturn USB
- PS3 Neo Geo Pad USB
- Logitech series (Dual Action, Rumblepad 2, Gamepad F310/F510/F710)
- Gravis GamePad Pro
- Retrolink SNES and N64
- RetroUSB SNES RetroPort and RetroPad
- Retrode (SNES)
- Cores – OpenEmu is modular, and thanks to the work of other great open source projects, it can emulate a wide variety of video game systems (we call them ‘cores’). Currently, the following open source emulation projects are used to power OpenEmu:
- Genesis Plus GX
- … and more!
- Added support for the new MacBook Pro Touch Bar.
- Added gameplay preference to allow playing with controllers while in the background.
- Added automap support for PS4 Slim DualShock 4 (model CUH-ZCT2).
- Improved importing Multi-Disc Games.
- Fixed case where games would not load if a previous game failed to load.
- Fixed a potential crash when checking for and downloading core plugin updates.
- Fixed a crash when using the popout gameplay window and accessing the Services submenu on macOS 10.12.
- Fixed main window toolbar appearance for some localizations.
- Fixed various 10.12 SDK UI issues.
- Added Catalan localization.
- Updated localizations.
OS X 10.11 or later, 64-bit processor